5:37 PM

MINI BIRTHDAY HAUL


As I get older, gifts are not necessarily something I would still expect to get. It is definitely nice of course but spending time with loved ones on my birthday is good enough. Presents are just the extra drizzle of chocolate sauce on top of your banana split sundae.

This year's presents from family mainly consists of make up! ( yay! ) See down below for details and mini reviews.


For my skin tone, (Mac NC35), most shades in this Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette showed up well on my eyelids with the Urban Decay eye primer under. Certain shades needed more layers for opacity. My favourite shade is Blackheart! The palette consists mostly that pink neutral shade, which I don't think suits me personally on my warm skin tone but I love the palette nonetheless for the texture, the taupe shades and the brush!



With my sister's present of generous amount of Sephora vouchers, I stepped in Sephora with confidence that I am not going to stray away from my list. Well, I did just that with my spontaneous purchase of Taylor Taylor Swift fragrance in roller ball version. Damnit. I am really bad at describing fragrances but here goes. It is sweet, slightly fruity with a powdery scent as well. Not sure why, but celebrity fragrances always smells better than the standard ones. Have not tried it on my skin and test the longevity of it, but I will update here once I have tested it out.


Lippies are my favourite make up product to buy. I bought two Sephora Rouge Infusion Lip Stain in Peony and Dusty Rose. Sephora Extreme Liquid Lipstick in 07 is a present from my brother as well. As you can see, all of them are pigmented, glossy and smooth. The only thing with the liquid lipstick is that it stings upon application. Maybe my lips were not moisturised enough at that time, but it should not sting either way. The sting does go away after a minute.


After hitting pan on my L'oreal Matt Magique Powder, I decided to get Nyx Stay Matte but Not Flat Powder Foundation. My colour is Soft Beige. It says that you can use it wet and dry depending on the coverage you need. With powders in general however, I always prefer to use a brush instead of a sponge. Will see how it goes!


Last but not least, I received a Zara backpack! Finally it can replace my current Zara bag, which has slouched terribly. It comes with two straps at the back, but you can remove and just use one as a shoulder bag. There are three compartments inside for bits and bobs, and a bottom compartment. Love it!


Super loving everything I have received on my birthday including all the celebrations. Nothing bad about turning a year older at all! *wink

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Instagram

© DEVOTEE BY MILLIE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig