11:45 PM

CRUSHED SURVIVED


Aside from making a promise to myself (starting tonight) to try and write a post once a week or once in two weeks, I think it is about time to tell you that I have ber-hijab. 

As expected, people asked me ' Why? '

I think I've created so many reasons why to different people just because I myself can't explain why. I had phases where I felt so guilty of my sins and started crying on my bed. But it was always brief, a few days then I was like ' Oh well..' .

Then after a few family incidents in the house, I had the same feeling again. This time, that night I just couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about it, and thought maybe instead of just waiting it out and let that feeling just fade away. The next morning, I told myself ' get yourself to the shop, buy a hijab and put it on! ' At the same time, I thought with dark clouds surrounding our family, maybe it would make my parents proud.  Still hoping, I feel I let them down everyday.

Another note, things have not really changed at home. I'm still emotionally stressing in regards to family but I feel I have improved a lot and am happy with who I am right now. That's because I now have someone who is able to fill the gaps that I need. I'm more calm, I value little things more, I live my life so much simpler. I have him to thanked for, and I pray that he will be the one bringing me closer to happiness on dunya and akhirah. 


People
truly at peace
with themselves
are far
too rare.
                                                — Michelle K.Loving Yourself.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Millie I am so happy for you! I know, people asked me why a lot too when I first started wearing. For me it's not a question of how or why. Instead of asking why ppl should just say, alhamdulillah or something and stop haha. But of course ppl get curious. When I saw you wearing hijab I just felt very happy for you. Because you have received hidayah Allah, and that's a wonderful thing to have.

    I hope you will feel even more better about yourself and everything else around you. You're so hardworking and lovely, inshaAllah things will come together for you soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Instagram

© DEVOTEE BY MILLIE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig